As a result of their support, the club was awarded £1000 to help pay for their resurfacing project.
Paul Barnett, Club Captain, said;
“Due to their support it has raised £1,000 towards the cost of re-surfacing our tennis court.”
“The club was formed on 25 March 1919 so in our Centenary year, our ambition is to upgrade the facilities at Norwood Park.”
The club originally had to play on the cricket outfield until some land was purchased adjoining the cricket pitch. As a result of this purchase, it gave the tennis section home of their own.
Beverley Town Tennis Club Promote The Sport To All Ages and Abilities
They encourage junior tennis too with coaching sessions held on a Friday evening. Also, the club has an open evening on a Monday when new members can come and play – the first session is free of charge.
Membership fees to join Beverley Town Tenis Club are just £72.50. This fee also entitles members to play any of the other sports that the club.
As a club, the other sports offered include cricket, bowls, squash, racketball and football. Also, it has a friendly bar and clubhouse.
Membership details can be obtained from Ros on 07807 690579 or Nancy on 07794 980935.
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play