The blue and golds make the short trip to face Hull Dockers this Saturday for their first game in NCL Division 2.
Following on from the Challenge Cup defeat at York Acorn back in late January, pre-season has gone well for Scott Taylor’s men.
Victory at Myton Warriors in a friendly and creditable 24-22 defeat in the Academy-friendly against Skirlaugh has made for intense competition for places.
Taylor will select from a 30 man squad which will include the returning Ryan Watkin, Peter and Alex Starling.
“I have got 30 lads who deserve a crack here. I will try to be as far as I can but for those who don’t make the cut, there is Barrow Island next week and also the first Academy game against Hull Dockers A.”
This local derby will be the first leg of the Quiney Cup in memory of Paul Quiney who played for both clubs back in the 1990s.
It is the first-ever meeting of the two clubs at NCL level and sure to attract huge local interest. A big crowd is anticipated at the Willows, Holderness Road.
Reported by Nick Robinson
- MP Looking To Get Lifesaving CADEY Campaign To New Highs In 2021
- Allenby Commercial Welcomes Howdens As The Trade Yard Attracts National Brands
- Beverly-Based Horse Whisperer And Reiki Master Releases Her Memoirs In New Book
- New Constituency Data Show Beverley & Holderness Ahead Of The National Vaccine Curve
- How to Safeguard Your Business From ACH Fraud