Traders at the market will be aiming to find the most creative and also best-carved pumpkins. They will be doing this on Saturday, 27 October.
This competition is calling out for residents to get carving and creative. Pumpkin carving is something that is a tradition at Halloween.
“We thought it would be a great opportunity to spark creativity in the local community for both children and adults,” she said. “We can’t wait to see some fantastic pumpkins.”
“The traders will also be getting into the Halloween spirit by decorating their stalls for the occasion, so it will be a really fun day for everyone.”
Open to all ages, the pumpkins will be displayed to the public with judging scheduled to take place at 12.30PM.
To take part all you have to do is bring your decorated pumpkin to the market between 9 AM and midday.
The competition will be divided into three sections. Firstly 12 years old and under, 13 years old and over and the most creative design.
Halloween Pumpkin Competition Has Some Top Prizes On Offer
For the 13s and over winning entry, the winner will receive a voucher. Worth £50, this voucher can spend on Saturday Market.
Whoever comes up with the most creative design will receive a family ticket. This is for Jack and The Beanstalk pantomime at Bridlington Spa.
Some tips for anyone who is thinking of taking part. When it comes to carving pumpkins it is best to have a plan, get a pumpkin with a stem and also wear rubber gloves.
- Beverley Puppet Festival Adapts To Health Crisis By Promising Two Months Of Puppetry Online
- Do Not Visit The Coast Or Other Attractions This Weekend Or Over Easter
- Choose Care Campaign Launched To Encourage People To Work In Adult Social Care
- Free Online Mental Health Support Service Launched To Help Children And Young People
- £19.4M Paid Out To Small Businesses In The East Riding