Beverley Town Council is presenting an afternoon of music, song, poetry and special memories, as they present The Great War Remembered.
Beverley Minster will be the venue that for the event which takes place on Saturday 3 November. Performances will be by Fallen Leaves, Humberside Police Concert Band, Four Candles and Cherie Lawrence.
Cllr Bryan Pearson, The Mayor of Beverley said;
“Any funds gathered will be donated to Royal British Legion. They will be giving poppy crosses to write the names of loved ones and past family members that were involved in the WW1.”
Council Thanks Those Who Made The Great War Remembered Concert Possible
Town Clerk, Helen Watson expressed her thanks to those who are supporting the event. She said;
“They have all come together with Beverley Town Council to facilitate the Great War Remembered in the centenary concert.”
Organisers say that the performance will commemorate the life, times, the courage and commitment of men women who served, died and were affected by war.
Also, it will include a wide variety of music. Made up of well-known favourites. Furthermore, there is an opportunity for the audience to join in.
The Great War Remembered Concert takes place at 2PM on Saturday 3 November. While the concert is free entry seats can be reserved by contact Beverley Town Council.
- Dreamscape Live Music And Art Premiere By Loudhailer Electric Company And G E Saunt
- New Systems In Place At Local Libraries Which Re-Open Monday
- Mayor Opens Play Area At Retail Park Which Has Been Doubled In Size
- MP Welcomes Extra Cash For East Riding Council To Support Local Services
- Work Completed On New Roundabout On Beverley’s Minster Way