As an official sponsor of the race, which is held every July, the Specsavers store on Toll Gavel provided sponsored shirts complete with Specsavers logo which were handed out to participants on completion of the race.
Rob Reid, Chairman of Beverley AC, said;
“We are delighted to have Specsavers as sponsors of the Walkington 10k road race. It’s fantastic having such a well-known national brand supporting the race and it means that the club can carry on promoting well-managed, popular events locally, drawing people in from a wide area.”
Store director, Jeremy Beesley, said;
“I’ve been a member of Beverley AC for a few years and was lucky to be given a club place running the London Marathon last year, so I’m really happy to be able to give something back and support this brilliant local event.”
Hundreds of runners took part in the 2018 Walkington 10K which was held in July with 515 runners completing the full course.
Following this year’s race, Mr Beesley also had the honour of handing out the medals to the fastest man, Jonathan Carter of Tipton Harriers and fastest lady, Emma Ballantyne of City of York AC.
For more information about Specsavers in Beverley or to make an appointment, call 01482 679 933 or visit www.specsavers.co.uk/beverley
- Mayor Opens Play Area At Retail Park Which Has Been Doubled In Size
- MP Welcomes Extra Cash For East Riding Council To Support Local Services
- Work Completed On New Roundabout On Beverley’s Minster Way
- East Riding College Joins TEC Partnership
- Libraries And Customer Services Continue To Be Essential Community Hubs