Rangers Avenge Cup Defeat As They Beat Town In HPL

Rangers Avenge Cup Defeat As They Beat Town In HPL
Rangers Avenge Cup Defeat As They Beat Town In HPL

faced for the second week running, and this time were on the wrong end of the result.

Dan McHale returned to the side in place of Tom Davies and Aldo Hysenaj started upfront with , otherwise the side was the same as the one that finished the game last week.

Town started the game really well , left wing back joe norton was linking up well with Hysenaj and Muirhead, causing havoc in the Hessle defence. Norton went close on 10 minutes after a cone shot from a short corner clipped the top of the cross bar. Norton then rattled the bar from a similar position after a fine flowing move down the left hand side .

Inevitably it was Norton who was involved in the first goal on 27 minutes. The powerful winger cut through on goal after a good run down the left hand side. And his cross was turned in by Craig Muirhead to make it 1-0 to town .

should then have made it 2-0, when a fine ball by Organ put him through on goal. However the Hessle defender just managed to get back and make a last gasp tackle to save what would have been a certain goal.

Aldo Hysenaj went close on a couple of occasions and town enjoyed good attacking football, without being troubled at the back.

However on 35 minutes Hessle created a chance from a long range free kick and this seemed to change the complexion of the game.

Town seemed to sit deeper and in a blink of an eye Hessle were the team on top , causing town problems. Despite a period of sustained pressure Town managed to get in at half time one nil up.

Hessle started the second half in the same manner, Town were constantly pinned back in their own half, struggling to find their fluid passing game and lacking in creativity going forward.

On 65 minutes Hessle deservedly equalised when Town failed to deal with a thrown into the box, and the Hessle striker easily turned and squared the ball to an unmarked attacker to slot home from 6 yards out.

Hessle really had a head of steam now, and Town were getting increasingly frustrated with their own performance.

However Organ had a great chance to restore Towns lead, when Aldo Hysenaj cut back a ball from the right byline, Organ miss kicked his effort from six yards out with the goal at his mercy.

On 70 minutes Town conceded a free kick 25 yards out in the middle of the goal. The Hessle midfielder fired a fine free kick past the wall and into the bottoms of keeper Spencer’s goal.

Town brought on Striker Matty Littlefield in an attempt to get back in the game. Hessle held out firmly and the final whistle blew to give them a well deserved win.

Town manager Rich Jagger spoke after the game, he said;

“I thought the first 30 minutes of the game we were outstanding, and without exaggerating we could have been 3-0 up.”

“However I had a feeling that missed chances might come back to haunt us, and they definitely did. We stopped playing after going one nil up , Hessle grew in confidence and on reflection they fully deserved the win.”

“I made some changes to the side, and could have been more positive with things in the second half. So have to hold my hand up and say it was one of those days were as a manager I could have done better too.”

“But to take the positives we played some great stuff in the first 30 minutes and if we can replicate that for longer next week we will do well.”

Following the game the draw for the East Riding Senior Cup was made, with Town getting a plumb tie against Hull City(date to be confirmed).

Click Here
Work Set To Start On Next Phase Of Beverley Housing Masterplan

More From HU17.net

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *