St Mary’s Primary school say their Active Travel Breakfast was a huge success and given it popularity they had to hold it over two mornings.
An annual event at the school, the Active Travel Breakfast is part of wider incentive to encourage young people to lead healthier lifestyle.
Wendy Copley, Road Safety Champion at St.Mary’s CE Primary School said;
“We would like to say a big thank you from the school road safety team, to Cathie Friar and the School Travel Action Plan team from County Hall, Beverley and to David Ryley, Tesco Community Champion, for their support and donations of all resources for the event.”
“With the event being extremely popular last year, the Junior Travel Ambassadors decided to hold the event on two separate mornings before the school day began.”
“This road safety initiative was to promote Healthy Lifestyle by park and stride, walk, cycle or scoot to school.”
“The event had been promoted throughout the school and in the parents newsletter, so no wonder on the day, queues were soon forming to taste the lovely hot porridge and hot chocolate.”
- Barratt Developments Yorkshire East Rounds Off Charitable Year With £35k Donation To SASH
- Assistant Chief Constable Warns Of Enforcement Against Those Who Breach Government Regulations
- MP Discusses How Covid-19 Has Impacted The Owners Of Mega Fun Beverley
- Skidby Mill Volunteers Need Material To Commemorate Anniversary
- 6 Telltale Signs You Need a Plumber