During 2017 – 19, former Opera North cellist Miriam Roycroft, and Lance Coburn, are performing the entire repertoire for cello and piano by Bohuslav Martinů.
Performances are taking place at selected venues throughout Ireland, and are delighted to present some of these enticing and rarely-heard compositions in Beverley on Thursday, 15 February at 7.30pm at Toll Gavel United Church.
The ‘Nocturnes’ and ‘Rossini Variations’ are typical examples displaying Martinů’s distinctive Czech expressionism with jazz-influenced rhythms and colours much in evidence.
Together with Prokofiev’s beautifully lyrical sonata, premiered by and dedicated to Msitislav Rostropvich, they will also perform two pieces originally composed for voice; the beautiful ‘Suite Popular’ by Manuel de Falla and Beethoven’s ‘Bei Männern’ variations from the The Magic Flute.
Tickets cost : Adults £15, Concessions £13 all children under 14 FREE with full paying adult, additional children £5 and are available from Beverley Library or by calling 01482 395320.
- Soldier From Beverley Becomes First Female To Win British Army Photographer Of The Year
- Pumping Stations That Provide Flood Protection To Be Upgraded
- BARLA Cup Draw Sees Blue & Golds Head To Cumbria
- Projects Aided By Tesco Bags Of Help Come To Fruition
- Ofsted Report Shows Beverley Fostering Agency Is Outstanding