An opticians in Beverley is urging members of the public suffering from diabetes, or those who may be at risk of the disease, to ensure they undergo regular eye exams in an effort to spot early stages of eye conditions causes by the disease.
According to charity Diabetes UK, there are over 4 million people in the UK are living with diabetes which could mean they are at risk of suffering from diabetic retinopathy, a disease which causes damage to the retina and which could eventually lead to blindness if left untreated.
“There are often no warning signs in the early stages of diabetic retinopathy but if left untreated the results could be life changing, which is why it’s so important for sufferers to have their eyes tested on an annual basis.”
“A comprehensive eye exam is the only way to spot the condition in its early stages and could allow us the chance to take preventative measures.”
Symptoms of the disease include blurred vision, floaters or shadows and missing areas of vision.
- Beverley Leisure Centre Awarded Funding To Build 3G Pitch
- Graham Stuart Heralds Vital Funding For Hull NHS Trust
- Beverley Bookshop Owner Benefits From Love Your High Street Fund
- East Riding Leisure Are Looking For Customer Opinions
- Daisy Appeal Urges Supporters To Take To The Roads For Virtual Events