East Riding of Yorkshire Council is keen to hear from members of the public on proposals to improve part of the A164 and the Jock’s Lodge Junction.
As part of its funding bid to the Department for Transport (DfT), the council has launched an online survey and has arranged drop-in sessions at Beverley Racecourse on Wednesday, 8 November (9.30am-6.45pm) and the Morrison’s Beverley store on Friday, 10 November (9.30am-6.45pm) to hear from the public.
Four proposals are being considered for Jock’s Lodge:
1. A164 dualling with free flow left slip from A1079 westbound to A164 southbound
2. A164 dualling with grade separated two bridge roundabout
3. A164 dualling with new A1079 ’dumbbell’ roundabouts
4. A164 dualling with completed ‘cloverleaf’ junction.
In addition, along the A164, three separate dualling options are being considered:
1. Minimum dualling – Victoria Road Roundabout to approximately 110m south of Jock’s Lodge
Councillor Symon Fraser, cabinet portfolio holder for strategic asset management, housing and environment at East Riding of Yorkshire Council, said: “The A164 and the A1079 are two of the busiest routes in the East Riding, with 30,000 and 20,000 vehicles using them per day, respectively.
“The Jock’s Lodge Junction, where the A1079 and the A164 meet, has historically always formed a pinch point, causing congestion.
“The council has taken steps in recent years to try and mitigate this and improve road safety, but to address the problem a major investment is required. To try and secure funding for this much-needed scheme the council will submit a business case to the DfT later this year.
“Responses to the survey and the views expressed from the public drop-in sessions will form part of the council’s submission for funding – so we are keen to hear from as many people as possible.
“If this was successful, the council would move onto detailed preparation, procurement and construction with the potential for a scheme to be completed by 2022.”
To find out more about the proposals, visit www.eastriding.gov.uk/jockslodge
- Police and Crime Commissioner Proposes Increase To Precept
- Depleted Beavers Suffer Defeat At Hands of Local Rivals Bridlington
- MP Writes To Local Schools To Promote Summer Schools Programme
- Westella & Willerby Beat Town To Go Top Of Humber Premier League
- Escape Room Beverley Proving Popular Since Opening Its Doors