Town Beat League Leaders To Go Seventh In Humber Premier League

Town Beat League Leaders To Go Seventh In Humber Premier League
Town Beat League Leaders To Go Seventh In

travelled to league leaders Reckitts on the back of two wins and full of confidence.

Conditions were similar to the previous week, with a strong wind blowing straight down the pitch. Eric Gardham and returned to the side to make up a back 3 with , apart from that Town were unchanged.

Town lost the toss, and were made to play down wind First half, and as expected dominated the early play as Reckitts struggled to get out of their own half.

should have put Town one nil up after 20, when some fine work by down the right hand side created a chance for Stark. Unfortunately his side foot shot crept astonishingly wide from 5 yards out.

Town continued to dominate play, as the wind played a huge part in the game. However Reckitts defended well and dealt with most things Town threw at them.

On 30 minutes Town took the deserved lead, when a short corner was played to , who shifted the ball out of his feet and curled a left foot shot past the keeper from 20 yards out.

Own made it 2-0 10 minutes later when Stark turned his man on the edge of the 18 yard box and fired hard and low into the bottom corner.

Town were now full of energy, which unfortunately boiled over as saw red on 42 minutes for what was deemed to be a dangerous challenge by the referee.

Town saw out the rest of the half and went in 2-0 up, knowing they had a job to do second half against the wind and with 10 men.

Town started the second half determined to hold onto their lead. On 58 minutes Jordon Organ came on in place of to firm up the midfield. Predictably Reckitts piled on the pressure, hitting long balls into Towns box, but these never really troubled Town.

Reckitts had a sting of corners that tested the Town defence, however seemed to get his head on most things and averted danger on numerous occasions.

Town didn’t have too many chances at the other end, but when they broke with pace on two occasions they were unlucky not score. On 70 minutes replaced the hard working , and Hysenaj himself created a good chance with Joe Norton, who was narrowly awarded offside when through on goal.

In the dying minutes Reckitts whipped another ball to the back post that was headed wide, and from the resulting goal kick the Renee blew for full time.

Manager was delighted at full time;

“We thoroughly deserved the win today, at 2-0 we were very much on top. The red card was a bit of a blow, however it focused our minds on the job in hand for the second half.”

“It’s hard to single anyone out today, but the back 3 were immense , Kegan Rose never stopped in midfield and but a good shift in up top too.”

“That’s 3 wins on the bounce now, and 2 clean sheets in our last 2 games. We’ve got two very tough games coming up against Scullys and Carneige but we are full of confidence and with a bit of momentum anything can happen.”

Click Here
Accountancy Acquisition Marks An Exciting Era For Forrester Boyd

More From .net

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *