Beverley Film Society have welcomed the news that the Parkway Cinema Beverley has been shortlisted in the Screen Awards.
“Some of the best aspects about Parkway include the exterior and interior design that harks back to a bygone age of film, the technologically advanced screens and equipment, the comfortable seats, a café bar for post film chats and access for all within the premises.”
Beverley adds that working with the general manager and his team makes a real difference, she said;
“Cliff Baillie goes over and beyond to ensure everyone has what they need and that their events are a success. It would be a genuine challenge to find a more welcoming, friendly team within a cinema setting.”
“The cherry on the cake is their attitude to working with the local community and its various groups and festivals.”
“His approach is to provide entertainment spanning from blockbusters to the more niche indie offerings, which includes those the society screen.”
“In addition to this, the programme features nationally broadcasted live event cinema, with many screenings selling out quickly.”
Parkway Cinema will find out next month if they have been successful in winning the Cinema of the Year Award at a special event being held in London.
“Their nomination for this award is well deserved. Everyone at the Beverley Film Society wishes Cliff and his team every success in London.”
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play