They are keen to track down the car and the driver who adding they think that it is linked to other incidents relating to fuel theft in the area.
In a statement released, Humberside Police said;
“We want to trace the driver of car in connection with the theft of diesel from a service station near Dunswell.”
“The driver filled the car with £53 worth of diesel and drove off without paying. We believe the same car has been involved in a number of similar incidents.”
“The driver has been described as white, around 6 foot tall, aged between 30-35 with shaved brown hair. He was wearing a burgundy and white sports top and dark trousers.”
Anyone who may have any information have been asked to ring the non-emergency number on 101 quoting crime reference number 16/28295/17, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- East Riding Theatre Links Up With Two Awarded Winners This November
- Local Recyclers Raise £9,000 For Dove House Hospice
- MP Reacts To East Riding And Hull’s Move To Tier 2 Of Coronavirus Restrictions
- East Riding To Move Into COVID-19 Local Alert Level 2
- Boss Shares Honour With Frontline Workers Who Put Community First