Skidby Mill will be taking part in the Heritage Open Days 2017, on Saturday and Sunday 9 and 10 September.
Visitors will be able to enjoy free admission to the mill on both days between 10am and 4.15pm to the usual facilities on site – The Museum of East Riding Rural Life, a range of outbuildings, and an exhibition entitled Steeple People: East Riding Churches and Associated People, looking at a selection of churches from across the East Riding, as well as people closely connected with them.
In addition, visitors will be able to gain access up to the open stone floor, which is normally closed.
Richard Young will be on hand to explain the layout of the mill (though milling is currently suspended, because of a technical fault).
There is no need to book in advance, but visitors should note that it is closed for lunch from 12.30 – 1pm on both days.
Full details are at www.museums.eastriding.gov.uk/skidby-mill/
Skidby Mill Video
- Liberal Democrats See Off Tories To Win By-Election
- Weel Bridge Set To Close For Essential Structural Works
- Jacob’s Well Appeal For Volunteers To Help Sort Through Donated Goods
- Safer Spaces Pedestrian Area Trial For Beverley’s Saturday Market Set To Start
- Kalma Life – Using Yoga To Help Children Enhance Their Emotions