The bar and gardens on Flemingate marked its big day in spectacular style with fire performers, stilt walkers and a special version of its popular Shed Stock sessions featuring a line-up of artists and bands.
A rum shack was set up in the gardens, serving birthday cocktails throughout the day and evening, and craft ale specialists Meantime Brewery made a guest appearance with its award-winning beers.
General manager Matthew Bordewijk said the event was a great way to thank everyone who’s become a regular since the bar opened last year on the landmark site of the former Hodgsons pub.
“We had live music all day and the two outside pop-up bars were very popular as the weather was glorious.”
He added: “Everyone has made us feel so welcome since we came here, we’ve become a part of the community and we like to get involved in as many things in the town as we can, so this is our way of thanking everyone and looking forward to making the next year even better.
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play