‘Active Coast’ is a full programme of events and activities throughout the school holidays to celebrate sport and culture and allow people to explore, join in, and enjoy the East Riding’s stunning coastline.
Launched two weeks ago, the programme so far has been a huge success, with thousands of people taking advantage of the wide range of activities.
Highlights of the third week of activities (7 August – 13 August) include:
• Coastal Explorers – Nature Bingo Beach Walk: Monday 7 August : 1-3pm : Mr Moo’s Ice Cream Shop, Skipsea: free : ages five plus
• Adult Beach Volleyball : Monday 7 August : 6.30-7.30pm : Bridlington South Beach : free
• A Show in a Week : Monday to Friday 7-11 August : Bridlington Spa : free for children of all ages: The Den (Bridlington Youth Theatre) presents a week of fun, games and theatre, on the theme of Disney. A chance to put together a showcase of songs and dances which will be performed at the end of the week in the Spa Gardens. Booking essential – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• All Ride adapted cycling : Tuesday 8 August : 11am – 3 pm : Victoria Terrace, Bridlington
• Paint and Play : Tuesday 8 August : 1.30 – 3.30pm : Bridlington promenade (near foreshores office) : free : colour in the active Coast art wall.
• Go Spike Beach Volleyball : Wednesday 9 August : 1-3pm : Bridlington South Beach – ages 6-16: free
• Have a Field Day : Thursday 10 August : 11am-3pm : Sewerby Cliff Top : free : giant inflatables, Louder than Life drummers, dance with Chantal Green and Andrea Borrelli (World Latin Dance Pair UK Number One), multi-sports, face painting, and other activities
• Mile Marker Health Walk : Thursday 10 August : 10-11am : East Riding Leisure Bridlington : free
• Sewerby Halland Gardens – Family Games : Friday 11 August : 12 noon – 3pm : usual admission charges apply
• Beach Sports Session : Friday 11 August : 1-3pm : Bridlington South Beach : 6-16 years : free
• Sewerby parkrun : Saturday 12 August : 9am
• Stone Art Family Workshop: Sunday 13 August : 11am-4pm : Hornsea South Beach, below Trans Pennine monument : free : try stone art and sculptures with Responsible Fishing UK.
For full details of all these events, visit www.ActiveCoast.org
- Dreamscape Live Music And Art Premiere By Loudhailer Electric Company And G E Saunt
- New Systems In Place At Local Libraries Which Re-Open Monday
- Mayor Opens Play Area At Retail Park Which Has Been Doubled In Size
- MP Welcomes Extra Cash For East Riding Council To Support Local Services
- Work Completed On New Roundabout On Beverley’s Minster Way