‘Active Coast’ is a full programme of events and activities throughout the school holidays to celebrate sport and culture and allow people to explore, join in, and enjoy the East Riding’s stunning coastline.
“We are just at the start of this amazing six-week programme of events and activities for the summer holidays, for all the family and all levels of fitness. There is an unrivalled variety of things to do, in a range of locations, and I really hope that people will make the most of the Active Coast!”
Highlights of the second week of activities (31 July – 6 August) include:
• Have A Field Day : Monday 31 July : 12noon -3pm : Hornsea South Promenade, Graingers Field : free :play, football, tennis, volleyball, sumo suits and much more. Face painting and glitter tattoos at a small charge.
• Coastal Explorers – Bushcraft : Monday 31 July : 1-3pm : Danes Dyke Local Nature Reserve : free : den building, foraging and firelighting : booking essential
• Adult Beach Volleyball : Monday 24 July : 6.30-7.30pm : Bridlington South Beach : free
• All Ride Adapted Cycling : Tuesday 1 August : 11am-3pm : Victoria Terrace, Bridlington : free
• Paint and Play : Tuesday 1 August : 1.30-3.30pm : Bridlington South Promenade : colour in the Active Coast Art Wall : free
• Go Spike Beach Volleyball : Weds 2 August : 1-3pm : Bridlington South Beach : 6-16 years : free
• Have A Beach Day : Bridlington South Beach : Thursday 3 August : 11am-3pm : Louder than Life drums; dancing on the prom with Chantal Green and Andrea Borrelli (world Latin Dance pair UK Number One); art wall; face painting, and more : free
• Mile Marker Health Walk : Thursday 3 August :10-11am: East Riding Leisure Bridlington: FREE
• Beach Sports Session : Friday 4 August : 1-3pm : Bridlington South beach : 6-16 years : free
• Sand Drawing family workshop : Saturday 5 August : 9am-3pm : Bridlington South Beach : join artists from Responsible Fishing UK to create sand drawings on a huge scale : free
• Sewerby parkrun : Saturday 5 August : 9am.
For full details of all these events, visit www.ActiveCoast.org
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play