The architecture of Beverley naturally lends itself to the festive season, attracting thousands each year to the lights switch on.
This year, wishing to enhance the town with a more ambitious display, the group have put tins in various shops in the town where locals can contribute their donations.
“We are aiming to increase the festive lights in the town and support like this is greatly appreciated. We would like to thank Kerris and also all of the traders in the town who donated prizes, which made the raffle so successful.”
“We hope we are getting there and will continue to plan fund raising events throughout the year.”
However, the group only have until September to raise sufficient funds because orders for new lights must be made by then in order to have them delivered in time for the festive season. Despite this, Prue remains confident that the group’s goals can be achieved:
“If every family contributed just £1, imagine what we could achieve.”
Look out for the donation tins in shops in Beverley to make a contribution.
- East Riding Theatre Links Up With Two Awarded Winners This November
- Local Recyclers Raise £9,000 For Dove House Hospice
- MP Reacts To East Riding And Hull’s Move To Tier 2 Of Coronavirus Restrictions
- East Riding To Move Into COVID-19 Local Alert Level 2
- Boss Shares Honour With Frontline Workers Who Put Community First