Matthew Mudd was back to his best with the ball in hand as the all rounder bagged five wickets finishing with figures of 5-45.
Jamie Roe, sporting a new look for the new season also put in a good performance picking three wickets for just 26 runs.
In reply Beverley showed their dominance with bat needing just 30 overs and losing one wicket to chase down the required target and claim full points.
Dobson scored a magnificent 162 in an innings that included an incredible 24 4s.
His efforts however could not be matched by the beavers bowling attack as Hornsea chased down the total for the loss of just two wickets.
Beverley’s third team also suffered an opening day defeat. Beverley won the toss and put Welton & Brough into bat. The visitors racked up a formidable total ending their innings 270 that included a century from Rees Duerden (102).
Kevin Thompson (29) and Liam Feasey (35) did their part with the bat though it was the visitors who took maximum a points as they won the match by 102 runs.
Beverley’s first team are at home again this coming Saturday as they welcome Sessay to Norwood for what will be a tougher test for the Grantham and his side.
- Photos from the match featuring Beverley Town CC Vs Whitkirk
- Dreamscape Live Music And Art Premiere By Loudhailer Electric Company And G E Saunt
- New Systems In Place At Local Libraries Which Re-Open Monday
- Mayor Opens Play Area At Retail Park Which Has Been Doubled In Size
- MP Welcomes Extra Cash For East Riding Council To Support Local Services
- Work Completed On New Roundabout On Beverley’s Minster Way