Monks Walk will be celebrating the first anniversary of its reopening with a special “pay as you feel’ concert provided by Leeds-based singer/songwriter Tony Lambert.
Tony, who has recently played alongside folk legend Rab Noakes, will also be performing at a string of festivals this year including Latitude, Green Man and Wilderness.
Neil Pickford, licensee at Monks Walk, says the concert is a fitting way to mark the first anniversary.
“When we took over Monks Walk it was a Sky Sports pub and parts of it were in very poor condition. In the last 12 months we have rejuvenated the building and made it into a venue for unamplified musicians to perform to appreciative listeners.”
“The building has a number of wonderful rooms suitable for different sizes of audience and I’m looking forwards to welcoming Tony to play on 8th April – what a difference a year makes!”
The performance starts at 8pm on Saturday 8th April and entry is free, with a ‘pay what you feel’ collection at the end.
- Parkway Cinema Back Open With Summer Offers And New Website
- Drunk Animal Creative Studios Searching For Three Apprentices
- Leisure Centres In East Riding To Reopen In Coming Weeks
- Sun Inn Licensee Thrilled To Hear The Sound Of Customers Again
- Let’s Start Putting Life and Vitality Back Into Community Says MP