As part of their national tour starting at London’s Leicester Square Theatre, Five Star Swing are coming to Beverley on Sunday 26 March with “Swing ‘n’ Sinatra”.
Parkway Cinema and Theatre will host an evening of Vintage Swing, featuring classic songs from Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Glenn Miller and many more, performed by the famous Five Star Swing multi-instrumentalists and singers.
The band’s local Double Bass player, Ben Markland said;
“Fans have enjoyed this “feel-good” style of music for generations – following our extensive UK tour I’m excited to be bringing the sound of our big band brass, saxes, rhythm and vocalists back home.”
As seen on BBC TV “Children in Need” and Dame Vera Lynn’s Charity Ball, the show is led by bandleader Chris Smith Jr, composer and arranger for the BBC Radio Big Band and a former composer for Herb Miller Big Band, the brother of Glenn Miller.
Along with Tony Bennett’s trombonist also featured is vocalist and saxophonist Simone, who was taught to play alto saxophone in the 1980s by the famous bandleader Ivy Benson, whom she subsequently performed with.
Simone has recorded with Paul Weller, the Paul Merton TV Show and the Russell Harty show.
- MP Welcomes Extra Cash For East Riding Council To Support Local Services
- Work Completed On New Roundabout On Beverley’s Minster Way
- East Riding College Joins TEC Partnership
- Libraries And Customer Services Continue To Be Essential Community Hubs
- Councillor Delighted After Motion To Support Cycling Is Passed