Multi-million selling electric string quartet Bond, featuring Hull born Gay-Yee Westerhoff, complete the WOW Hull line-up, Hull UK City of Culture 2017 announced today, on International Women’s Day.
Bond, whose cellist Gay-Yee grew up in Beverley Road, will join fellow Hullensians comedian Lucy Beaumont and actress and writer Maureen Lipman CBE on the opening night of the festival at City Hall on Friday (10 March).
Originating from the Southbank Centre’s Woman of the World festival, which started in 2011 and has gone on to become a global movement, WOW Hull is a weekend of lively debate, music, comedy, art and more, championing gender equality and celebrating the achievements of women and girls.
The opener, which also features composer Errollyn Wallen MBE, spoken word artist Kate Fox and the Freedom Chorus led by Alison Bullivent, promises to be a highlight of the weekend.
- Most Children Award First Choice Secondary School Place
- Sunday Times Bestseller To Host Free Online Course To Help People Live Well With Dementia
- Trees Dedicated To Babies Born In East Riding Since First Lockdown
- How To Find Your Dream Home in Lockdown
- Longcroft School Share With MP How They Are Adapting To Remote Learning