Last year it was the Christmas Jumper; this year it’s your car that is becoming the ultimate Christmas accessory.
With reports of more and more people decorating their cars for Christmas, it would seem drivers are finding new ways to show their Christmas spirit.
Decorating your car might not be to all tastes (and of course it must be done in a way that is safe and legal), so for those motorists looking to feel festive this December, Santa’s helpers at Vauxhall retailer, Evans Halshaw, are on hand to inject a flurry of fun by advising drivers in and around Hull and Beverley what they can do to get that festive feeling.
“Christmas is the time of year when people get together with friends and family and enjoy the buzz that surrounds the season. Many people’s houses are filled with tidings of comfort and joy, from tinsel and trees to bright lights and baubles, but what about outside the home? If your Christmas spirit stays firmly behind your front door, we have a few suggestions as to how you can continue to feel merry and bright, even when you’re in your car.”
Evans Halshaw has put together a list of four fun ways in which drivers in the area can feel festive:
• Tune in: No need to leave the likes of Wizard or Slade at home – take all your favourite festive tunes with you by compiling your ultimate Christmas playlist. Just hearing a jingly tune can really get you into the spirit of the season
• Go on a decoration drive: Take a tour around your local neighbourhood to spot the best (or worst!) outdoor displays. From animatronic reindeer to sleighs and snowmen, the cheery sight of bright lights is guaranteed to get you in the mood for a mince pie
• Start shopping: Journeying to and from the shops with piles of presents is a sure-fire way to get excited about The Big Day. With seasonal satisfaction coming from wrapping and then delivering the gifts too, it really is good to give
• Get a lift: Whilst we encourage drivers to get into the swing of Christmas by enjoying parties and celebrations, it goes without saying that we strongly advise drivers not to drink and drive. Leave the car keys at home and keep yourself and others safe by calling a cab or getting a lift so you can really revel in the festive season
Aron Brown continues:
“With Santa’s big day fast approaching, we hope our tips will inspire drivers and their families in and around the local community to find new ways to get that festive feeling this Christmas.
“If you do embrace the whacky trend to decorate your car, remember it’s illegal to shine lights from the front and rear of your car, apart from the ones it came with. Also, be sure not to obscure your view or attach anything to the exterior of your car that could be a danger to other road users or pedestrians. Check the law thoroughly first.”
- Beverley Leisure Centre Awarded Funding To Build 3G Pitch
- Graham Stuart Heralds Vital Funding For Hull NHS Trust
- Beverley Bookshop Owner Benefits From Love Your High Street Fund
- East Riding Leisure Are Looking For Customer Opinions
- Daisy Appeal Urges Supporters To Take To The Roads For Virtual Events