Beverley Surrender Half Time Lead As They Draw At Home

Beverley Surrender Half Time Lead As They Draw At Home

were held at home as South Cave came from behind to ensure they did not leave the empty handed.

Town opened the scoring through though were pegged back as Daniel Walker levelled for South Cave.

Speaking after the match Town boss said;

“In the first half we were excellent.”

“We approached the game with a much better mentality, and to be honest I thought we should have been 3-0 up at half time.”

“However second half we couldn’t maintain that level of performance, and at times I think we gave the ball away too easily.”

In good first half it was Town who looked the better of the two sides with enjoying a great deal of attacking possession down the right hand side.

came close for Town as he stung the keepers hands with a great strike from 20 yards and minutes later Joe Norton went even closer.

Town had no less than 10 corners but as half time approached it appeared their domination would not be rewarded with a goal.

However on 44 minutes Muirhead curled a brilliant free kick into the bottom corner from 25 yards to give town the lead they deserved.

With Town’s anchor man sidelined through injury, shone as he put in an excellent performance defending well and using the ball wisely.

On 65 minutes Will Harrison came on to replace the injured Shaun Day, giving the youngster his first team debut.

South Cave were to have the final say in the match after they capitalised on mistake by Town in the middle of the park.

In four passes, South Cave managed to out fox the Town defence setting up an open goal for Walker to slot home, earning a valuable point.

Jagger concluded on a more upbeat note saying;

“There were a lot of positives to take from the game, and I hope we can build on this point to put a good run together in the league.”

Final Score: 1 South Cave 1

More From

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *