Beverley won the toss and put Pickering into bat at Mill lane. The home side looked to have done enough against Beverley side that has struggled all season as Chris Nichols (62) and David Greenlay (39) got pickering to 231-8.
Bradley Graham (3-57) and Sam Welburn (3-50) were the pick of Beverley’s bowlers but it was to be the batting line who were going to need to score well if Beverley were to take anything from the match.
This week the top order did deliver as Will Parker (29) and Olly Grantham made 44 though it was Gamble’s effort which turned out to be the match winning performance on the day.
Victory ensures Beverley have breathing space between and the bottom clubs who are now all fighting for survival in the Hunters York & District Senior League Premier Division.
More importantly the 30 points now puts pressure on Pickering who are just once place about Beverley Town Cricket Club in the league with a 15 point advantage.
Next weekend Beverley Town face an all together more challenging encounter when they welcome York II to the Norwood Recreation Ground.
Beverley Town Cricket Club Firsts beat Pickering by 5 wickets
Chris Nichols 62, Ryan Boyes 29, Dan Ward 31, David Greenlay 39
Beverley Town Cricket Club :
- CADEY Committee Meets For Update On Campaign To Boost Lifesaving Defibrillators
- Did You See These Distinctive Cars In Skidby?
- Artist To Create Wintery Work Of Art At Flemingate Centre
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council Confirm COVID-19 Tier 3 Restrictions
- Beverley Churches Come Up With Festive Community Lead Project