Tesco’s 8th Neighbourhood Food Collection took place in stores across the UK last week and proved to be a tremendous success.
From 30th June to 2nd July customers at Tesco’s Beverley store donated over 190 trays of food, which Tesco will top up by 20%. This will allow our local foodbank to distribute over 8000 meals to local people in need over the next few weeks.
Richard Newby, Development Manager at East Yorkshire Foodbank, said:
“I would like to thank all the staff at Tesco and the volunteers for all their help and support during last week’s Neighbourhood Food Collection.”
“More importantly, I would like to thank all the people who gave donations of food and money during the collection.”
“It never fails to amaze me just how generous the people of Beverley and the surrounding area are when it comes to helping local people in crisis. Thank you all.”
Tesco store manager Chris Beamish added:
“We would also like to thank the East Riding of Yorkshire Council for allowing us to hold a street collection in Beverley Town Centre which helped raise money and awareness for the collection the following week.’’
- Most Children Award First Choice Secondary School Place
- Sunday Times Bestseller To Host Free Online Course To Help People Live Well With Dementia
- Trees Dedicated To Babies Born In East Riding Since First Lockdown
- How To Find Your Dream Home in Lockdown
- Longcroft School Share With MP How They Are Adapting To Remote Learning