Beverley Town Cricket Club second team suffered a seven wicket defeat as they were well beaten by Sewerby.
James Emery lost the toss and Beverley were put into bat by Sewerby on a difficult pitch that gave all the advantages to the bowlers.
Olly Grantham top scored for Beverley with 56 but while he was scoring the wickets were falling around him. Harry Gamble (4), Liam Feasey (0), Tommy Hudson (13) and Grantham himself all dismissed by Sewerby’s Mark Pallister.
Kieran Simpson (30) also made a score of note as Beverley where dismissed for only 135.
However, Beverley remained optimistic as they took to the field and with heavy rain looming over the cliffs it felt like they may be able to get a good result.
Despite Sam Welburn taking 3 wickets and Beverley’s best rain dances Sewerby were able to chase down the score for the loss of only 3 wickets.
Next week they face Foxton and Flixton at home and will be looking for a maximum 30 points to help move them back into the top 4.
Sewerby beat Beverley Town II by 7 wickets
Scott Cooper 27*, Adrian Long 32, Mike Hurst 28, Steve Janney 25*
Mark Pallister 5-32
- Hull And East Riding Students To Enjoy A Taste Of Life In The NHS
- Stage4Beverley Music Festival Tickets Are Selling Faster Than Ever
- Employers Help Shape Bishop Burton College Curriculum
- Central 42 Owner Appeals For Help After Man Leaves Owing Money
- Candidates Standing In Beverley & Holderness Revealed