A pupil of Longcroft School and a member of the County Choir, Alexander started singing lessons with local teacher, Diana Pocock at aged 10 and is currently studying at The Royal Northern College of Music.
Alexander’s Postgraduate study is supported by a Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation Sarah Brightman Scholarship the first to be announced in January 2016.
This promising singer, who sang with the National Youth Choir, has appeared as a soloist in Mozart C minor Mass Brahms Zigeunerlieder, Op 103, Rossini’s Stabat Mater.
Last year Alexander performed Handel’s Messiah and joined the Buxton Festival Chorus for Lucia di Lammermoor and Giovanna d’Arco. He will be attending the Buxton Festival in 2016 as part of Clonter Opera.
Diana Pocock says that it was clear from a young age that this young man had exceptional talent and is so proud to have watched his career develop and now to sing again with him in Beverley Minster.
Colin Wright will conduct the choir and the East Riding Sinfonia and other soloists joining Alexander Grainger (Tenor) will include Freya Holliman (soprano), Rebecca Barry (Alto) and Patrick Relph (Bass).
Tickets for the concert: £8, £12 & £16 from Beverley Tourist Information, 01482 391672, or online www.eastridingcountychoir.org and on the door.
- Wednesday Market Transformed Into A European Style Pavement Dining Experience
- Parkway Cinema Back Open With Summer Offers And New Website
- Drunk Animal Creative Studios Searching For Three Apprentices
- Leisure Centres In East Riding To Reopen In Coming Weeks
- Sun Inn Licensee Thrilled To Hear The Sound Of Customers Again