Register So You Can Vote For Police and Crime Commissioner

Polling Station Beverley

People are being reminded they need to be on the electoral register if they wish to vote in the elections for the Humberside and Crime Commissioner which are taking place next month.

The elections will take place on Thursday, 5 May and people wanting to have their say need to be registered by Monday, 18 April.

and crime commissioners are elected representatives who work to ensure that forces across England and Wales are running effectively.

They are not there to run local forces but to hold them to account and respond to the needs of the public.

Their responsibilities include holding the chief constable to account for the performance of their force; setting the force budget; providing a link between the and communities which includes consulting local people, the council and other organisations as well as overseeing community safety and the reduction of crime and ensuring value for money in policing.

Registering to vote is quick and easy and can be done online. An electoral registration form can be found and completed online via ’s website – or

Residents can also register by contacting the council’s on (01482) 393300 or by emailing

Residents who are on the electoral register and wish to vote by post are able to apply for an application form now by going to

The deadline for postal votes for the and crime commissioner elections is 5pm on Tuesday, 19 April – but people must be registered to vote before completing the application form.

More From .net

This article has 1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *