This Good Friday, March 25th will see Beverley Chamber Choir presenting two popular choral works, Faure’s and Durufle’s Requiems.
Of the many settings of the Requiem, Faure’s is probably the most widely loved written in 1890 and first performed in the Church of the Madeleine in Paris.
The soaring melodies present in many movements have ensured that it has become a firm favourite with many audiences. Slightly less known but equally as appealing is the Requiem by Durufle.
First performed in Paris in 1947 it is dedicated the memory of the composer’s father. It too contains many delightful and appealing melodies.
The performance will take place in St Mary’s Church Beverley and will combine the talents of Beverley Chamber Choir and professional instrumentalists from around the North of England,including players who regularly perform with the Halle Orchestra.
Tickets for the concert, on 25th March at 7.30pm at St Mary’s Church are now on sale priced at £16, £12 and £5 children and are available from Beverley Tourist Information 01482 391672 and on line at www.beverleychamberchoir.org
- Beverley Leisure Centre Awarded Funding To Build 3G Pitch
- Graham Stuart Heralds Vital Funding For Hull NHS Trust
- Beverley Bookshop Owner Benefits From Love Your High Street Fund
- East Riding Leisure Are Looking For Customer Opinions
- Daisy Appeal Urges Supporters To Take To The Roads For Virtual Events