Beverley Town Cricket Club travelled to North Yorkshire to face title chasing Sheriff Hutton Bridge on the back of some good recent form.
Beverley were asked to bat first and struggled to impose themselves in the early overs on a two paced track against some good opening bowling.
Burton played a good innings but followed soon after for 42. Beverley were bowled out for 180 with one ball remaining of the innings.
With rain affecting play becoming a distinct possibility, the home side approached their chase in positive fashion.
Mudd bowled an excellent 15 over spell taking another two wickets with excellent balls.
Runs flowed from the other end as Sheriff Hutton Bridge played their shots and took to a weakened bowling attack knocking the runs off for four wickets in 37 overs.
Sheriff Hutton Bridge beat Beverley Town by 6 wickets
Sheriff Hutton Bridge:
M Fisher 40, R Pinder 40, R Robinson 49*, E Barnes 33*
R Robinson 3-26
Beverley Town Cricket Club:
C Fish 38, A Burton 42
M Mudd 3-47
- Judo Coaches Impressed By Performance In Holland
- Bin Lorry Fire Sparks Appeal To Residents Not To Put Batteries In Bins
- Footballers And Celebs Taking A Shine To Entrepreneur’s Supercar Studio
- Beverley RUFC Hang On To Secure Impressive Away Win
- Humberside Police Are The Best Performing Force For Morale