Beverley Towns Cricket Club First XI travelled to Fenner in optimistic mood following the previous weeks home win.
An injury to Mudd brought Jamie Roe into the attack. He bowled with good control and finished with figures of 2-41 from his 15 overs. Thompson returned for a second spell and took regular wickets finishing with 4-45 from his 14 overs.
A good overall display in the first innings with controlled bowling and good fielding including 7 catches.
As Beverley set about the run chase, the weather always looked to threaten proceedings. Olly Grantham and Fisher had withstood a good opening attack to take the score to 50-0 after 12 overs when the rains came.
After a rain break the game was able to restart in wet conditions, but time was looking against Beverley. There was certainly not enough time to play all the allotted overs with light becoming an issue.
This drove Town to be more positive and lost Fisher for 37 and Grantham for 33. Rob Fish continued the positive play before a further rain interval appeared to have finished the game.
The win moves Beverley off the foot of the table and up two positions. They are also now within touching distance of Fenner who are in 10th place.
- Parkway Cinema Back Open With Summer Offers And New Website
- Drunk Animal Creative Studios Searching For Three Apprentices
- Leisure Centres In East Riding To Reopen In Coming Weeks
- Sun Inn Licensee Thrilled To Hear The Sound Of Customers Again
- Let’s Start Putting Life and Vitality Back Into Community Says MP