Beverley Town had to come from behind to win a vital three Humber Premier League points at the Norwood Recreation Ground.
A poor first half saw the home side go into the break three goals down as Chalk Lane looked to have won the match inside the first 45 minutes with former player Andrew Stott among the scorers bagging a brace.
Town looked to the bench to restore some pride bringing on Jonny Ricardo, Kyei Kwadwo and Jordan Organ all of whom proved to play a pivotal role in what was to be a remarkable comeback.
Goals from Ryan Nicholls, Harry Lomas and Organ got the Champions back on level terms but the goal of the game came from the boot of Nathan White who beat the on rushing keeper to cap off what was a fine come back.
Both sides found themselves reduced to ten men, Town lost Lomas to injury while Chalk Lane’s Joshua Nielson saw red.
Beverley return to Humber Premier League action this Saturday when they host East Riding Rangers at the Norwood Recreation Ground.
Final Score: Beverley Town FC 4 Chalk Lane 3
- The Dumb Waiter – East Riding Theatre Confirm Latest Production
- MP Told How ‘Brexit’ Is Impacting On Recruitment By Local Business
- Beverley Face Myton Warriors After Three Week Lay Off
- More Lifesaving Devices To Be Donated Across Beverley & Holderness
- Free Artist Talks At Beverley Guildhall And Sewerby Hall And Gardens