Beverley Athletic Club Juniors travelled to Hartlepool recently to take part in the penultimate race in the 2014 /2015 North Yorkshire and South Durham Cross-Country League.
The race at Summerhill was hosted by Hartlepool Burn Road Harriers and is considered the toughest in the series.
It was a very cold afternoon and the ground was soft, but not muddy, unlike last year making conditions perfect for a good race. Each lap involved a narrow stream crossing and three steep hills.
Nine children represented Beverley Athletic Club juniors and all performed well despite the cold conditions.
In the under-11 boys’ and girls’ race Beverley fielded three runners. Erin Glover led the girls across the line finishing in fourth place overall. Erin is enjoying her first season and currently lies in fourth place in the league. Jessica Tew and Jack Marsay made up the team finishing in sixth and tenth positions respectively.
Becky currently lies in second place in the league, but selecting her best 5 scores from six puts her in a strong position and a fair chance to contend first place at the last cross country fixture in February.
Beverley Athletic Club Juniors finishing times:
Jack Marsay 05.21.
Erin Glover 4.42; Jessyca Tew 4.50.
Aidan Glover 14.46; Guy Harbidge 16.06.
Isabelle Horrocks 15.30.
Jonathan Dennison 14.49.
Report and Photos by Alan Glover
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play