“Traditionally people think there is a cut-off point when they have to stop playing football. We are trying to disprove that myth by demonstrating that football can be played by all regardless of what their age, ability or fitness is.”
Each Just Play session is on a Wednesday morning at 11am, and attendance is completely free with all those attending receiving a free Mars bar.
With Every session is focused on getting more people aged 50+ back playing football, that means the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed with the emphasis placed on rediscovering the love for the beautiful game.
Des Smith who took part at the age of 62 said;
“It is years since I have kicked a football and even longer since I imagined scoring the winner in a cup final as a boy.”
“Although I am down to walking pace I still got around the pitch and managed to compete with the other players.”
- Support For Caravans: Graham Stuart Mp Meets With Business Minister
- What Does SP Mean in Horse Racing?
- Bags Of Creativity For East Riding’s Children And Young People This Summer
- Wednesday Market Transformed Into A European Style Pavement Dining Experience
- Parkway Cinema Back Open With Summer Offers And New Website