Inter Beaver knew it would be a tough game when they were drawn against Premier Division Champions, Sutton Fields, in the first round of the Munro Cup at St Marys College.
Inter got off to a great start when man of the match Adam Foster, set Louis Stockman up for the opener. Inter, however, took their eye of the game and let in a sloppy goal to allowing Sutton Fields back into the game. The half-time whistle was then blown, to the delight of Shaun Gibson.
Inter assistant manager, Minty Haines then made a tactical substitution by replacing Daniel Atkinson, with the energetic Garry Collins.
After the half-time team talk, Tired midfielder Shaun Gibson, then bucked up his ideas to impress in the second half.
Twenty minutes into the second half, Foster set up Collins, who showed his semi-professional ability, by banging in the Winner.
Sutton Fields continued to press, but Inter’s defence was too solid for them.
“What a great result today was, I’m so pleased we beat the best team in Sunday League. Well done lads, I’m proud of you”
Inter Beaver gets their new season in Division 1 away to Elloughton on the 1st September.
- Time Running Out For Nominations For The ERYC Chairman’s Awards
- Police and Crime Commissioner Proposes Increase To Precept
- Depleted Beavers Suffer Defeat At Hands of Local Rivals Bridlington
- MP Writes To Local Schools To Promote Summer Schools Programme
- Westella & Willerby Beat Town To Go Top Of Humber Premier League