Alan Spedding conducted the Choir and East Riding Sinfonia, and the fine singing and playing was further enhanced by the soloists – Bethany Seymour, Marie Elliott, James Edwards and James Oldfield.
A particular highlight was their moving delivery of the unaccompanied quartet in the Stabat Mater which was superb and will long be remembered.
The County Choir’s next event is a ‘Come and Sing’ day in Beverley Minster on Saturday, 22 June to rehearse and perform Dvorak’s Stabat Mater. This is an enjoyable and relaxed day followed by an informal performance at 5.30 pm.
For anyone who is interested the details are on the Choir’s website www.eastridingcountychoir.co.uk
- Primary Schools Will Open In East Yorkshire Next Month
- Sport England Grant Welcomed By Local Rugby League Club
- Casting A Wide Net – The Story Of A Shipbuilding Giant Goes Online
- Carluccio’s Beverley Among 30 To Be Saved By New Owners
- Council Offers Further Advice To Visitors This Bank Holiday Weekend