Councillor Margaret Pinder, Mayor of Beverley, lit the first candle as part of the light up ceremony for Tesco Beverley’s Light Up a Life Christmas tree on Saturday 22nd December.
Throughout December, Tesco customers could make a £1 donation to charity and hang a bauble on the tree to make a wish in memory to a loved one. A fantastic £435 was raised in total, with all money going to Cancer Research UK (Tesco’s Charity of the Year).
Dave Ryley, the store’s community champion, said:
“The light up a life Christmas tree was the third of three major charity events held in our store this Christmas. Together with the Help Feed People In Need food collection and the Cycle To Lapland Cancer Research UK fundraiser, an incredible £3661 was raised from these three events.”
“On behalf of the charities concerned, I would like to thank all of our customers for your generous support and kind donations, not only in December, but also throughout the year. Best wished for the New Year from everyone at your Beverley store.”
- Appointment Of New Project Director To Lead Major Heritage Project
- Global Award For Innovative Humber Climate Change Media Series
- Dragons Award £7000 To Cherry Tree Community Centre
- Fly-Tippers Fined £800 For Offences Near Beverley And Market Weighton
- Supporting The Young And Old In Yorkshire Through Winter