The quartet of singers are soprano, Julie Dawn Lloyd; mezzo soprano, Deborah Davison; tenor, Ben Kerslake; bass, Andrew Tinkler. They are joined by pianist Simon Haynes.
The first half of the concert is devoted to music from one of the greatest composers Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, with highlights from many of the favourite operas such as The Marriage of Figaro, The Magic Flute, Cosi Fan Tutte, Idomeneo and Don Giovanni.
The second part of the concert is a musical celebration ‘Opera Cake.You need the basic ingredients to bake an evening of entertainment. The London Theatre Voices, who are singers from English National Opera, Opera North and Glyndebourne, bring the ‘floury’ opera arias to you, the ‘sugary’ duets and of course the ‘eggy’ moments. Filled with the ‘cream’ of Music Theatre show tunes and a few ‘fruity’ ensembles as the ‘icing’ on the cake.
They return with their own blend of concert which will include a complete mixture of ingredients to make a very large vocal cake.
Come for a ‘slice’ of the action!
Tickets adults £12, concessions £10 are available from Beverley Tourist Information Centre (01482) 391672.
- Primary Schools Will Open In East Yorkshire Next Month
- Sport England Grant Welcomed By Local Rugby League Club
- Casting A Wide Net – The Story Of A Shipbuilding Giant Goes Online
- Carluccio’s Beverley Among 30 To Be Saved By New Owners
- Council Offers Further Advice To Visitors This Bank Holiday Weekend