Janet Tierney, curator of Goole Museum and Skidby Mill, and Dr David Marchant, museums registrar, will be on hand to try and identify and date the artefacts brought in. There will also be a small display of some common finds and free information sheets on what to look for.
Dr Marchant said: “If you are thinking of donating objects to the museums service then this is also an opportunity to learn more about what we collect and what we do not collect, as well as viewing some of our recent treasure purchases close up. You will also be able to pick up leaflets and information about other museum sites.”
Please note, for professional reasons we are unable to offer valuations.
The event runs from 10am-2pm in the small meeting room on 1st floor of the Treasure House.
- MP Welcomes Extra Cash For East Riding Council To Support Local Services
- Work Completed On New Roundabout On Beverley’s Minster Way
- East Riding College Joins TEC Partnership
- Libraries And Customer Services Continue To Be Essential Community Hubs
- Councillor Delighted After Motion To Support Cycling Is Passed