She completed the Mablethorpe Half-Marathon in 1:50:03 despite a challenging last few miles along the seafront where a strong headwind buffeted runners as they headed for the finish.
Jane thoroughly enjoyed the race. She said “It’s so well organised and marshalled and you get your time confirmed on your mobile within seconds of the finish.”
Also running for Beverley AC at Mablethorpe was Mike Anderson. He completed the marathon course in 5:07:00.
Both race routes head out to the countryside, take in two small towns and finish with a run along the promenade with wonderful sea views. The courses are mainly flat with great potential for setting a new personal best.
There were 387 finishers in the half marathon and the race was won by Peter Cusick of Chippenham Harriers in 1:18:37. The first lady was Frances Harrison of City of Hull AC in 1:27:53.
In the marathon there were 248 runners and the race was won by Stephen Earley of Bedford and County AC in 2:43:25. The first lady was Linsey Attwood of Barnsley Harriers in 3:25:02.
- Active Together Uses Technology To Help Residential Homes
- Booking Now Open For The Online East Riding Festival Of Words
- Thomas The Baker Officially Lays Claim To The Country’s Best Ever Mince Pies
- Beverley Minster To Host Yarn Bombing Event In October
- Bonus Acquisition Signals Next Phase Of Allenby Commercial Trade Yard Expansion