Earlier in the day at a private event held at the Beverley Leisure Centre games were held and balloons relased to makr the occasion.
In the afternon the flame was taken to the Saturday Market before being paraded through the centre of town carried by sledge hockey player and flame ambassador, Matt Woollias.
When it arrived at the Bevelrey Minster town crier, Michael Wood addressed the mass crowds that had gathered.
Matt walked the flame through Beveley Minster placing it on a table, vicar Reverend Fiona Mayer-Jones then also welcomed the Paralympic Flame to Beverley before Councillor Chadwick and the Mayor of Beverley also say a few words.
- Council Calls For Public Support To Keep East Riding Safe
- Major Repair Project At Skidby Mill Scheduled To Start
- Hull And East Yorkshire Patients Can Now Access GP Services Online
- Accountancy Acquisition Marks An Exciting Era For Forrester Boyd
- Petrol Station And Business Units To Regenerate Derelict Site