It is the only brick-built town gate in the country due to the East Riding lacking a ready supply of local building stone.
It has survived wars and various demolition threats those in modern times faces being damaged from large lorries, hitting the structure.
In 2011 North Bar was eluminated for the first time in decades as part of the celebration for the Queens Diamond Jubilee. Six spot lights now light North Bar, two on the inside, North Bar Within and four on the outter side, North Bar Without.
- Booking Now Open For The Online East Riding Festival Of Words
- Thomas The Baker Officially Lays Claim To The Country’s Best Ever Mince Pies
- Beverley Minster To Host Yarn Bombing Event In October
- Bonus Acquisition Signals Next Phase Of Allenby Commercial Trade Yard Expansion
- Charity Launches Free Domestic Abuse Advice Line For Businesses