Beverley will welcome some of the best cyclists in Britain to the town next month.
The racing starts with the National Circuit Race Championship on Friday evening through the town centre, a thrillling race which last year saw Olympic champion Ed Clancy storm to victory in front of a huge crowd.
The timetable for the evening is as follows:
6pm: National A youth event 30 mins plus 3 laps
6.35pm: Swanland Mortgages, 10 Rider – 1 lap invitation time trial
6.50pm: Keith Jordan Memorial Support Race – 25minutes + 3 laps
7.40pm: National Circuit Race riders presented at line
7.45pm: National Circuit Race Championship – Race start – 70minutes + 5 laps
9.05pm: National Circuit Race Championship presentations.
On Saturday morning, the Hull Thursday Road Club, Big G – Cyclosportive gets under way with three routes of 60, 100 and 160km to choose from over the beautiful rolling countryside and steep climbs of the Yorkshire Wolds.
And the weekend cycling extravaganza climaxes on Sunday
Steep climbs and rolling countryside make this one of the toughest races of the series which finishes with laps around Beverley. Last year’s winner was Russell Downing.
- Lifesaving Gift Is On The Christmas List Of 36 People In East Yorkshire
- East Riding Youth Offending Service In The Running For National Award
- SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY: A Day To Back Our Independent Traders
- Graham Stuart Is ‘Mutts’ About Small Business Saturday
- Chef’s Recipe For A Happier Christmas For Foster Children