Beverley thirds lost for the first time in the league since the first week of the season when they put in a disappointing display at Norwood against North Ferriby.
Asked by the visitors to bat first on a rain affected wicket Town’s innings got off to the worst possible start as they lost three of their top four batsmen for ducks. In fact, only Kev Thompson (39), Alex Nightingale (24) and Ali Brumfield (13) put up any resistance against some good bowling. Beverley were bowled out for a well below par score of 103.
North Ferriby chased the score cautiously losing only four wickets in reaching the target in 36 overs. Matt Saint and Kieran O’Brian picked up two wickets apiece whilst Iain Sugdon bowled 16 overs for 17 runs but the day certainly belonged to North Ferriby and was one to forget for the 3rds.
Photos by Matthew Linton | Reported by Ray Teal
- Active Together Uses Technology To Help Residential Homes
- Booking Now Open For The Online East Riding Festival Of Words
- Thomas The Baker Officially Lays Claim To The Country’s Best Ever Mince Pies
- Beverley Minster To Host Yarn Bombing Event In October
- Bonus Acquisition Signals Next Phase Of Allenby Commercial Trade Yard Expansion