The Beverley Local Action Team is chaired by new East Riding of Yorkshire Council councillor and former Beverley Town mayor David Elvidge, his first major committee role since he was elected in Minster and Woodmansey last month.
The purpose of the LAT is “to adopt a proactive multi-agency approach, working and engaging with the public on key issues with the aim to improve the quality of life of individuals and communities in their localities”.
It will provide an opportunity for local community groups and other interested parties to become actively involved in their community and come up with solutions to issues that affect that community.
Councillor Elvidge said: “I hope to carry on the good work started by Cllr Kerri Harold and look forward to working with and in the middle of our community.
“The meetings are open to all and people are welcome to come along or contact me to discuss things that they want help and/ or guidance with.”
The agenda is as follows
1. Welcome and apologies
2. Notes of previous meeting and matters arising
3. Open Discussion
4. Beverley Youth Shelter
5. Kings Square, Beverley – Parking Issues
6. Swinemoor All-Weather Pitch Lease
7. Armed Forces Day LAT Stand
8. Tickton Street Surgery – 6 July
9. Lockwood Road, Molescroft Open Space
10. Question Time at Beverley Grammar – Feedback
11. Any other business
12. Date of next Local Action Team meeting
- Wednesday Market Transformed Into A European Style Pavement Dining Experience
- Parkway Cinema Back Open With Summer Offers And New Website
- Drunk Animal Creative Studios Searching For Three Apprentices
- Leisure Centres In East Riding To Reopen In Coming Weeks
- Sun Inn Licensee Thrilled To Hear The Sound Of Customers Again