Members of the Royal British Legion celebrated their 90th anniversary by parading through Beverley today.
They were joined by local dignatories, councillors and members of the public on a parade from North Bar Within, through into Saturday Market where the Lord-Lieutenant of the East Riding of Yorkshire, the Hon. Mrs Susan Cunliffe–Lister and Col. Paul Ash, Commandant of DST Leconfield, took the salute at Market Cross.
From there they proceeded through Beverley to Beverley Minster, where followed a service of thanksgiving and rededication.
The parade was led by the band of the 150 Regt Royal Logistics Corps, and soldiers from the Defence School of Transport and local territorials joined veterans and legion members.
As part of the legion’s anniversary year, there will also be a celebratory concert at Hull City Hall on Friday 15 July.
Other anniversary events are taking place throughout the region, details of which can be found on the Legion’s county website.
- Beaumont’s Garden Maintenance Back AFC Tickton Academy
- East Yorkshire Coaches Is Back And With A Fresh New Look
- Active Together Uses Technology To Help Residential Homes
- Booking Now Open For The Online East Riding Festival Of Words
- Thomas The Baker Officially Lays Claim To The Country’s Best Ever Mince Pies