East Riding’s last remaining windmill has acquired an exciting new attraction for children in time for this Easter. Situated on the acreage adjoining Skidby Windmill, visitors will now discover a log train and a hide “n” seek adventure trail.
These installations have been purchased from Sovereign, a nationally accredited supplier of safe, stimulating and imaginative play equipment. Additionally, the wood for the equipment comes from environmentally sustainable sources.
Jane Bielby, museums outreach officer, said:
“We were delighted to be able to purchase this unique equipment at a substantial discount thanks to the generosity of the company. The log train and trail have a rustic charm which blends in well with the rural scene at Skidby Mill.
We are hoping to further develop this feature in the future and add more equipment. I am sure children will thoroughly enjoy burning off lots of energy as part of their visit to the mill.”
Further information from Jane Bielby, tel. (01482) 392773.
Skidby Windmill – East Yorkshire, HU16 5TF – 01482 392773
- Beverley Art Gallery To Reopen On Monday With Two Exhibitions
- MP Joins Virtual Summit To Seek Answers For Hull Trains
- Everyone At Beverley Racecourse Deeply Saddened By Passing Of John Cleverly
- East Yorkshire Play Areas To Reopen With Restriction From Saturday
- Measures In Place To Make Licensed Vehicles COVID-19 Safe