Internationally-renowned organist Stephen Binnington returns to his roots at St Mary’s Church on Saturday.
Beverley-born Stephen, a former pupil at Longcroft School, will perform an organ and brass concert with the Tempus Brass Quintet, starting at 7.30pm on April 10th.
The brother of current St Mary’s organist Alan, Stephen will play a number of solo pieces before being joined by the Tempus Brass Quintet – returning following their outstanding performance as guests of the Beverley Chamber Choir – for a series of popular and classical works.
Stephen started his musical career as a chorister and organ student under Alan Spedding at Beverley Minster and played the cello in the East Riding County Youth Orchestra. He is now Director of the Farrington Music School near Shaftesbury, Dorset, and following his performance at St Mary’s will give his second recital at Westminster Abbey.
His brother Alan said:” It is always a pleasure to work with Stephen and to hear him play.
“He made the first ever CD recording of this remarkable instrument and I know he is looking forward to giving this recital in his home town.”
Tickets are priced at £10 and are available from Beverley Tourist Information on 01482 391672.
- Residents To Access Faster Broadband Thanks To Funding Boost
- Humberside Police Statement In Response To Increasing COVID-19 Cases And New National Rules
- Funding Approved For Cherry Burton Sportsfield Pavilion Upgrade
- Safer High Street Consultation For Local Consumers And Businesses
- Funding Boost For Faster Broadband Welcomed By Graham Stuart