To emphasise the rich history of Beverley, the Beverley Medieval Guilds & Crafts Town Trail is designed to reveal glimpes of the town’s varied past.
Focusing on the medieval guilds that were the foundations of Beverley’s wealth, a series of public artworks have been installed to emphasise how crucial the skilled craftsmen of the town were.
By following any of the four walks that comprise the trail, the sheer breadth of the townspeople’s skills are revealed.
Installations show the role played by millers, musicians, bakers, blacksmiths, bricklayers, armourers and many other less well-known craftsmen in the growth of the town.
When completed, 39 works of art will reveal to locals and visitors alike just how Beverley became the hub of East Yorkshire trade and commerce, and why it is one of the most interesting and best-loved town’s in the north of England.
- Lifesaving Gift Is On The Christmas List Of 36 People In East Yorkshire
- East Riding Youth Offending Service In The Running For National Award
- SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY: A Day To Back Our Independent Traders
- Graham Stuart Is ‘Mutts’ About Small Business Saturday
- Chef’s Recipe For A Happier Christmas For Foster Children